SENIOR TREASURY COUNSEL
The Attorney General appoints advocates as Treasury Counsel at the Central Criminal Court to advise the Law Officers and the Director of Public Prosecutions, and to prosecute some of the most complex, high profile and serious crimes in the country.
Vacancies will arise shortly for Senior Treasury Counsel and applications are invited from barristers and solicitors (including Queen’s Counsel) to join the Treasury Counsel Team. These positions offer the successful candidates the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of Public and Criminal law.
Applicants should have:
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience of advocacy (including either prosecuting and/or defending in criminal cases)
• The ability to lead in serious prosecutions
• Evidence of the ability to provide first class advice on legal, procedural and evidential issues, often at very short notice
• The highest level of legal knowledge and the ability to assimilate the specialist knowledge required to deal with the types of case unlikely to be encountered in normal practice i.e. terrorism, Official Secrets Act cases and serious and complex public law work
• Extensive experience of public law, appellate work and European Convention law
• Knowledge of the legal and practical issues that arise in cross-border investigations and prosecutions
• An understanding of the impacts of criminal justice in a diverse society
In order to be appointed advocates must be in independent practice, in chambers or a firm of solicitors, or be prepared to move to independent practice on appointment.
Please click on the link for an application pack http://www.cps.gov.uk/careers
or contact the CPS London Board PA team via the switchboard: 0203 357 0000, to arrange for a confidential discussion with one of the senior managers.
The closing date for applications is midnight 2nd August 2015.
Applications are positively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible people regardless of gender, age, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or disability.
For more information and to apply please download the document below.